Wednesday, September 19, 2007

How many squeaky toys make a band?

I have not written since my picnic blog. I have been busy though as you will soon see. On Monday, Pepsi, Emma and Molly came by for a play date. Five Golden’s romping in the back yard made a fun afternoon. Pepsi is still a little shy, she will need some time to get used to her new sisters, aunts and uncles. She is good at “dog door” and came and went often enough that the Fosters soon closed it, they were tired of hearing it go “flap, flap”.

The last two concerts in the park we attended were fine, but from a dog’s perspective they lacked squeaky toys. Guitars and drums are fine for humans, but they lack the depth and feeling that a squeaky toy can convey. We spent part of the day practicing on the squeaky toys. I plan on having a squeaky toy concert soon and I wanted everyone to become skilled in harmony. The squeaky toys in the balls sound much better, they responded faster and were much more intense. The squeaky things in the stuffed toys were rather muted and only good for background accompaniment. The practice session did not go as well as I had hoped, there were several tugging matches as various musicians attempted to take away the best squeaky toys from the other participants. The growling and barking accompaniment may lend another dimension to the concert. A few more practice sessions and we will be ready to headline our own concert on the green. Everyone promised to practice often when they went home. I need to do some research, there are some unanswered questions. Do five Golden Retrievers playing squeaky toys constitute a band or an orchestra? I will need to do some market research as well, some friends have recording equipment and we may want to release a CD. I remember hearing a terrible recording of dogs barking “Jingle Bells”; they were off key and not in harmony. We can beat that with our rendition of “Silent Night.” I worked into the evening on my solo part, that is until 10:30 when my foster dad took the squeaky toys away and hid them. He has no appreciation for fine music. He will be sorry when I am a big recording star, people everywhere will be listening to my recording of “Night Music”. My paw print will be on the sidewalk in front of Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, they will be sorry they scrubbed my paw print off of the couch; it would be worth money some day. I think I look good with a squeaky ball in my mouth, don’t you? That is my large sized “bass” squeaky ball that I use for my solos.

Tonight I will dream of a squeaky toy concert.
Mogley

No comments:

Post a Comment