Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Years Day

Above, Bella (left) and I are in the car, ready to go to the dog park.

Above, Bella (right) and I are waiting for the resident bi-ped to get going to the dog park.
Black Jack is behind us, it is hard to see him in the shadows. New Years day we went for a run in the big dog park, it was a warm day, just right for a run. 12 mile dog park has everything, woods, prairie, streams and lots of stuff to sniff and chase. Bella, Black Jack and I ran until we were tired. There were very few other dogs there, they must have partied too hard the night before. Once we come back from the hills and just walk along the trail with the chauffeur, he knows it is time to go home. Black Jack had to drag his leash most of the time, it was his first outing to an off-leash park and we wanted to make sure he stayed close. He did well, next time he will get to run without his leash. We came back tired and had a long nap.

Below, I am showing off my huge stuffed toy I got for Christmas. It has squeakers in every arm and leg. It is still intact after five days because I won't let Black Jack have it. Once he gets a toy, it is all over for that toy.

I hope everyone has a happy New Year.

Mogley G. Retriever

11 comments:

  1. Sounds as if you had a wonderful new years day.
    Black Jack seems to be fitting in very well, we enjoy your comments about him.

    You and Bella look so sweet, we sure wish we could meet you.
    Love your stuffed toy, although I think me and my sister would not have it in such pristine condition after so many days.
    Happy 2010.


    Hamish & Rescue Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice park!
    I'm sorry Black Jack eats all the toys. I know how it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun time fur all of woo!

    Of khourse, the last pikh has me smiling! GREAT PAW PLACEMENT!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra & Khousin Merdie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The park sounds great - we would love to see some pictures of it! The stuffie looks like it would be a good toy too! Do you use it as a pillow?

    Sam and Cisco

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great toy! Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look like you love your stuffie!!! Just don't love it to death!!!
    Licks and sniffs,
    Zack, Sassy and Buddy

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like the perfect way to start off a new year! Mogley, that stuffie is most impressive :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a perfect day to us. And that is one serious stuffie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many squeakers, so little time! :)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't let Black Jack get at that toy Mogley! Or else all you'll have to play with is a ball of fluff heehee. I wish my doggies took care of there things the way you do. Five days and counting, good job! You're toy sounds very fun and looks very soft. Do you use it as a pillow, too, sometimes?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see my very own Gingey sitting right in front of me: you got a Gingey baby!

    I love my Gingey -he is so soft, and makes the best pillow!

    I know you will love your Gingey!

    Here is my Gingey story:
    http://bailey-the-goldenretriever.blogspot.com/2009/07/well-mom-must-have-sent-enough-ransoms.html

    and Mom took this picture just today, of me napping with GIngey:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/sweetfreedom/4285770390/

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete