In the interest of always striving to be a better dog, I have set forth some New Years Resolutions. As a service to the NCBIC (Non-Commissioned Bi-ped in Charge), I have prepared a few resolutions for them also.
- I, Mogley G. Retriever hereby resolve to retrieve every day, providing the paper boy gets here like he is supposed to.
- I resolve to bark more loudly at the front door, often the resident bi-peds do not realise that visitors are at the door. They tell me to "shush" but "shush" did not scare the burglars away.
- I resolve to remind my bi-peds to give more tummy rubs. In fact, on the Dog Calendar the year 2010 is "The Year of Tummy Rubs and Treats". Why do they follow the Chinese calendar when the Dog calendar is available?
- I resolve to take more trips to the dog park. Just because the NCBIC traded off the car that had the parks pass in the window, they did not have to wait till the New Year to buy a new pass to the big dog park. It is for the NCBIC's benefit, they need more exercise and I am just the dog to keep them fit.
- I resolve to catch a squirrel in 2010. My cousin Molly thinks she is so fast, she has caught two squirrels, one each year for the past two years. She cheats, she waits till I chase them towards the trees, she just waits under the trees.
- I resolve to make my head available for more pats and petting. It is for the NCBIC's benefit, they need to relax and get rid of stress. How better to ease their stress than by petting a Golden Retriever? Tense? Too much work? Bills got you down? Dr. Mogley is "IN". Only one bone per hour. Beat that price with your current health plan!
- I resolve to keep my teeth clean and my breath sweet by eating more rawhide chew bones. All it takes is a little cooperation from the NCBICs.
- Black Jack resolves to find a perfect Forever Home. He says he has several inquiry's and he will be meeting with them to see if they meet his high standards.
Have a Happy New Year!
Mogley G. Retriever, Bella and Black Jack!