Friday, May 1, 2009

Happy May 1st

It has been a long time since I have blogged. I have been busy around the house. With the good weather our chauffeur has been busy cleaning the back patio. He left a hose running on the patio and went into the house to answer the phone thing. I picked up the end of the hose and just wanted to take it inside to remind him that he had left it running. He sure did get excited when I headed for the family room with the end of the hose. If water is fun to play with outside, why can't we play with it indoors?

My big story for the week was my visit to the specialty vet. I had a heart picture taken. I behaved real well, I laid down on the table and they put these probe things on my body. Then they let me see my own heart on a TV screen. I have never been a big fan of watching TV, even if I am the star. They did not get pictures of my good side, it all looked pretty fuzzy. It was more interesting for the humans, they seemed to enjoy it a lot but it takes so little to entertain humans. They kept the treats coming to keep me happy.

They explained to me that I have a heart condition and that I was showing good signs of keeping it under control. The chauffeur said I was going to be around for a long time. Just as long as they keep giving me my pills with yummy treats twice a day I am happy.

Mogley G. Retriever

5 comments:

  1. We missed you Mogley and Bella. So glad to hear your good news about your heart!!! You are very blessed to have such good human parents that love and take such good care of you. I am sure that , even though, they may have been a bit upset when you brought the running hose into the house, they are also very glad that you are there to be able to keep them on their toes!!
    Love,
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valerie and the CrewMay 01, 2009 1:10 PM

    Mogley,
    We are so glad your heart condition is being so well cared for - we were concerned that you hadn't blogged for several days!
    I know how much you mean to your forever family and the Conifer Crew (aka the Fearsome Threesome) is very happy you will be blogging for a long time to come.
    Valerie, Greg, Kingsley, Romeo and Charm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you back. It's a good thing your heart condition can be kept under control. Just don't try to take the running hose in the house again. You will live a LOT longer that way. Less stress on all, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope that all is well with you; TaiChi (my little-big sister) is 17 and has a heart murmur that they check ever several months - she's okay, but I know that things can be sometimes not okay. Glad that you aren't in that second category. And yeah - if a hose is fun outside, it has TOTALLY got to be fun inside. Darn humans....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heya Mogley (and Bella),
    We have missed hearing from you. We are glad that your medications are keeping the main pump fucnting properly. Jack has a sinusarythmia but he doesn't have to take anything for it (yet). Doc Witter told miom and dad just to keep and eye on him to make sure he doesn't show signs of exhaustion. if he does he'll have to get get some tests like you've probably already had. maybe even a picture like you. His heart beat is only weird when he's at rest; it seems to be like normal when he is running and playing or exerting himself. We hopoe that things are warming up out there in the Rockies. Will the pool be open by Memorial Day?
    - TBH

    ReplyDelete