Monday, June 23, 2008

Swimming Lessons

Early Sunday morning I was playing along the edge of the pool. Suddenly I fell in the pool. Instead of swimming to the steps to get out, I tried to climb out the side, finally the human grabbed me and pulled me out. That convinced him that it was time for swimming lessons. He said that I had to learn to swim to the steps where I could walk out.

In just a short time (in dog minutes) my step grand sisters arrived to take part in the lessons as well. Piper and Emma said it sounded like a fun idea to them. The humans wanted us to learn how to swim to the steps so we could walk out of the water. They threw balls and even held treats out to motivate us to get in and out of the water. Piper did not swim well at first, she paddled with her front feet but her rear legs just hung in the water. With Pipers thin hair she looked like a wet otter in the water. Soon we were all swimming and playing in the water. Bella and Emma did not like swimming, they preferred to lay in the sun.


Above, Piper and I swim while Emma and Bella give us tips on how to stay dry. It was sure a fun day. Now I know how to go swimming when ever I want to. It is going to be a wonderful summer.


Mogley G. Retriever

No comments:

Post a Comment