Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year!

Humans make New Years Resolutions, it seems like a silly thing to do, they should be perfect like us dogs all year long. I get five or six “good dogs” per day which should make me close to being perfect already. How many "good human" praises do you think they get a day? To humor them I promised to make resolutions. I resolve to be a better dog in the coming year.

  • I will not tear toys to bits only minutes after they come from the store, I will wait several hours before I destroy them.
  • I will not run into the park when the front door opens.
  • I will not pull on the leash just because a squirrel runs across our path.
  • I will not pull on the leash just because there are good smelling things along the path.
  • I will not chase the cats, when humans are watching.
  • I will not uproot the house plants when I get bored.
  • I will not lick plates and bowls that are left unattended.
  • I will not lie down in the kitchen when someone is cooking.
  • I will not leap up on visitors when I greet them at the door.
  • I will not jump into the UPS truck when they deliver.
  • I will not sniff on the counter when no one is looking.

Ok, I may not keep all of the resolutions, but I am sure I can keep one or two for a week or so. I bet I beat the humans, they won't keep any of them past New Years Day.

Mogley

No comments:

Post a Comment