Thursday, January 3, 2008

Merry Christmas

I had two very Merry Christmas mornings. On Christmas morning we were late getting up, after all it had been a long hard night of work for a Reindog pulling Santa’s sleigh all over. When got up we found two fresh bones for our Christmas breakfast. Then we went to Jenny’s house to visit Emma, Molly and Piper, my golden cousins. With five Goldens and many relatives, it was a busy house. I counted 14 hands to pat heads and rub tummies. Bella and I each had two new rubber squeaky toys and two stuffed toys. Emma, Molly and Piper got new toys, but they don’t share as well as I do. We had fun getting in the way and stealing toys from one another.

Two days later when Brian returned home from his flights we had a second Christmas. Bella and I received new collars, they are very good looking collars, Bella’s collar is hot pink, mine is dark green. The human says that two fingers under a collar are not enough, there should be room for a whole hand, instead of fitting a tighter collar they train me to be a better dog, yea, sure. There was wrapping paper everywhere and presents scattered all over, soon the only thing left to open was an envelope, it was the very best present of all, it was an adoption certificate. Golden Retriever Rescue of the Rockies was going to let me stay with my foster parents, now I have a Forever Home!

I am very happy to finally know that I will stay here forever. We prepared an adoption certificate so that I could adopt them as my human family and they could adopt me as their dog. When we finished placing our hand and paw prints to the certificate there was not a dry eye in the place. To celebrate I tore the stuffing out of both of my Christmas toys, when I was done the floor looked like a snow storm had moved indoors. Now that I have a Forever Home, I will devote my life to helping other homeless dogs find foster homes on their way to finding their Forever Homes.

Mogley G. Retriever

No comments:

Post a Comment