Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Golden Match.com

Summer and I have been working on her Match.com posting for some time. Here is what we have.


  • Single, mature, Golden Retriever seeks long term relationship with a loving, mature family. What could be better than to spend your golden years with a real Golden?
  • Statistics: Hair, Golden; Eyes, Dark Brown; Age, 8 years. Lady's don't mention their weight and measurements, but I am on a diet. I have been issued a "Good Cat Companion" certificate by a unanimous vote of three cats at my foster home. The vet gave me a clean bill of health. I am up to date on my shots.
  • Special interests: I love long walks in the park, snuggling in front of the TV, I don't care if you watch football games, just so we do it together. I enjoy head scratches, ear rubs and tummy tickles. I still like play toys, nice fluffy ones that I can carry with me, chew on and play with.
  • About me: I am a very loving, gentle, mild mannered lady. I am well house trained, you have no reason to worry about your new carpets or chair cushions. I will not harm your home, I will be a loving addition to it. I don't bark, I don't chase cats, I don't chew on shoes or furniture. I am a fluffy, silk coated Golden girl, my hair is so soft that you can not resist petting me.
  • I am not one of those super athletic dogs that requires tennis balls thrown or other wild sports. I can jog, but not for long distances. A long walk for me these days is one or two miles at a time. I walk very well on a leash, no pulling and jumping. You will be the envy of the neighborhood when you are seen walking with me.
  • I am a people dog. I want to lay at your feet and worship you with my eyes. I want you to pet my head when you have had a stressful day. For less than two cups of dog food a day, you can buy love.
  • When Tom T. Hall sang, "There ain't but three things in life, worth a solitary dime, old dogs and children and watermelon wine." I am the dog he was singing about.
Mogley is watching Summer roll and play.

Visit http://www.goldenrescue.com/ to read my profile and to apply to be my forever home. If you want a well behaved, calm and loving companion, I am the dog for the job.

Thank you,
Summer G. Retriever

4 comments:

  1. Summer, you are an angel! I just know that your "perfect match" is right around the corner. They just don't know it yet -- perhaps they are not checking Mogley's Blog on a regular basis, like they should be. Hang in there, give it a little time. And in the meantime, have fun with Bella, Mogley and that wild gal Molly!

    Hugs!

    Love,
    Riley, River (and Callie, who is visiting)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom thinks maybe she should change to rescuing goldens--Summer sounds so perfect. I reminded her that she LOVES the chaos we beagles create. She still looked thoughtful. Hmmm. We know that Summer will find the perfect home for Christmas!

    love & wags,
    River

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mogley (and Summer)
    Youse guys did a really great job on the listing. We think it's a real winner. We're all pulling for Summer to find a really nice furever home. She is almost as beautiful as most of us; certainly better looking than Shiloh. We look forward to hearing abouit her successful move from foster to permanent loved family member in the very near future. At least we all know that she is safe and in good hands with you Mogley. Thank your peeps for us.
    - TBH

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea for Summer. I'm sure she'll find her perfect match soon.

    Best,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete